Sunday, March 18, 2018

Confederate Soldier's Prayer


Found in a Confederate Soldier's pocket after his death!"
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001647572756
 


I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn to humbly obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing I asked for but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed."




The War for Confederate Independence, found the Confederate Soldiers by and large, to be Christian, the Union Soldiers were secular. ... Encampments of the two armies reflected this fact, Confederate Encampments, when circumstances permitted, held Christian Services. ... These services included songs, Bible reading and prayer. ... History reflects this truth! ...

Amen and Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Acts 6:4 ... "But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word."

    ReplyDelete

Viewers